Beginner's Guide to 3ds Max - 09: Lighting & Rendering
In this multi-chapter tutorial series, Isaac Oster provides an all-inclusive guide to 3ds Max. If you're a newcomer to Max, looking to switch from another software, or just want to recap some of the basics of this versatile program, then this series is just what you've been looking for.
This week we cover lighting and rendering, looking at the various types of lights and renders available and how changing the options for each will affect a scene.
A full chapter breakdown for this series can be found below:
1. Introduction the 3ds Max Interface
2. Creating and Editing Splines
3. Creating and Editing Primitives
4. Creating and Editing Editable Polys
5. Modeling Demo: Creating A Wrench
6. Graphite Modeling Tools
7. UV Creation and Editing Process
8. Materials, Procedural Textures and Texture Maps
9. Lights and Rendering
10. Render to Texture, Ambient Occlusion and Normal Bakes
11. Rigging and Skinning