Head Modeling with 3dsmax
This tutorial will describe how I modeled my character from a sketch. I will not go into great detail, as I'm assuming that the reader has some basic knowledge of modeling in any 3d software. The method I used here is called edge loop modelling.
Let's begin the modeling process.
1. Start with a plane. Select one of the edge. With the edge selected hold down the SHIFT button on your keyboard and move the edge to the right.
We are not modeling from just one viewport, so don't forget to check the model from all viewports.
Select the edge according to the picture, then extrude
2. Extrude the edges in front viewport, move and scale edges so they match the image
Again don't forget to check the model from all viewports.
3. Select the neck edges according to the picture and select vertices, then choose weld.
Extrude the edge and reposition vertices.
3. Keep going modelling as you see on the screenshots
4. Now start modeling the ear. With the selected edges, extrude and reposition the vertices.
When you are modelling the ear look for real reference pictures as these will help create a better ear structure.
5. Attach the ear to the head and weld the vertices.
6. Select the edges according to the picture then extrude.
7. Weld the selected vertices.
Then choose a polygon on your model and copy with Shift.
Move the edge in the perspective viewport and reposition the vertices.
Choose border than cap and extrude inside
Select the vertices in the front viewport then move slightly to the right.
Try modeling the nose correctly.
Control the bottom edges
Select the edge and move it along x axis.
7. Now model the mouth. Dont forget with the same method.
Select two vertices, then choose connect
Correct the vertices as you see below.
Try to make the upper lip edges curved.
Your mouth model should look like this.
8. Chose border and move the edge along y direction. And move vertices until you've got a rough shape for the eye area.
Start tweaking until it looks like what you want. Ty to give it's real form.
Finally our character is finished.
That's it! Hope you found it helpful.