For Lucid in Liverpool, UK
We are looking for a talented Rigger to join our technical team to work with artists, animators and programmers to develop the high quality rigging solutions for our game assets. This role is permanent but contract considered.
Applicants must demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge, meticulous attention to detail and the skills needed to develop game rigs to support all of the relevant game content. You will work closely with our Art Director, Programmers and a Team of Animators and Tech Artists to develop rigging solutions.
We will consider extremely talented graduates as well as experienced riggers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Developing control rigs for vehicles, characters and objects.
- Technically proficient with open attitude to keep learning and find solutions.
- Expert level skills in using Autodesk Maya.
- You should be self-motivated and enthusiastic about the work.
- Good communication skills and at ease working within a team.
- Capable of working to deadlines.
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge of animation principle, pipelines and processes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The knowledge to write scripts to help improve workflow, processes and tools.
- Understanding of the compromises and constraints inherent in the production of game rigs.
- Creative problem solving to meet the unusual demands of the project.
- Experience using Autodesk’s Motion Builder.
- Experience in setting up objects in Unreal 4 Editor.
- Games industry experience.
- A keen interest in game technology relative to your field.
How to Apply
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so please include links to any demos or projects that reflect your best work.
If you think you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining a growing company with a first class pedigree then please
send your CV and a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in February 2011 by senior developers from Bizarre Creations, Lucid has set itself out to be a small team with big ideas and the skills to deliver them.
With almost 80 staff at Lucid, each with unrivalled experience, our team have worked on some of the biggest gaming franchises to come out of the UK in the last 20 years.
Lucid currently have 2 job openings.View all jobs