Mid/Senior Character FX TD
For Trixter in Munich, Germany
TRIXTER Munich is currently looking to hire an experienced Character FX TD. Booking time: From As soon As Possible.6-12 months contract.
Description:Under the supervision of the CG Supervisor, the Creature FX TD is responsible for providing a wide variety of dynamic simulations and rigs for photo-realistic creatures; including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
- Creation of fur, feathers and grooming for photo-realistic creatures
- Develop simulation setups for photo-realistic creatures; including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
- Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques
- Regularly communicating with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- To be able to work with the visual effects supervisor, and the lead CG artist to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline.
- Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a CFX/FX role in a VFX studio
- Previous experience on CG creature projects
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini
- Experience in the following dynamic simulation: cloth, hair/fur, feathers, skin and muscle
- Programming experience with Python, PySide, PyQt, VEX
- Programming experience with C++ for Maya and Houdini plug-ins, an asset
- Knowledge of 3D-related mathematics, an asset
- Experience in creating rig simulations
- Rigging skills and experience
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration
- Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- English language skills
If your experience matches above description we are looking forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
Please send your CV, link to your demoreel/portfolio, availability and salary expectations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded two decades ago by Simone Kraus and Michael Coldewey, TRIXTER is one of Germany`s leading VFX studios, creating stunning high end VFX work and character animation for film and television. At the leading edge of the industry, employing computer scientists, film aficionados and incredibly talented artists, TRIXTER is always pushing the boundaries and is currently developing content and technical solutions for VR and 360°.
Trixter currently have 5 job openings.View all jobs