Technical Game Designer
For Nixxes Software in Utrecht, The Netherlands
We're looking for a highly collaborative, passionate and skilled technical game designer who is up for the challenge of implementing gameplay mechanics for a AAA title.
The Technical Game Designer candidate will be able to create concepts for gameplay, implement gameplay mechanics within a game engine and is able to iterate quickly within a dynamic and continuously changing environment.
- Coordinating and implementing special case gameplay scenarios based on the high level game design.
- Owning specific scenarios: creatively iterating on the design and polishing the gameplay experience by collaborating closely with other designers, environment artists and programmers
- Visual scripting to create gameplay mechanics.
- Prototyping gameplay and bug fixing all with a AAA engine.
- Playtest and iterate to solve game design problems in a highly collaborative and changing environment
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Communicates with directness/candor and is adept at conflict resolution
- High standards of respect and values strong teamwork
- Adapts swimmingly to changing circumstances
- Positive thinker with an ambitious drive towards quality and success
- 2-3 year game industry and development experience.
- Strong understanding of programming and AAA engines, editors and scripting tools.
- Strong methodology and problem solving ability with a focus on creative, fun and innovative solutions
- Strong and effective communication skills and organizational ability
- Exceptional team player with the ability to collaborate without losing sight of the gameplay vision
- Willingness to take design direction
- Working knowledge of Maya & Photoshop.
- Experience with 3D level editors such a Unreal 4 and/or other AAA engines
Portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects.
- Interest in the technical aspects of AAA game development
- Experience of developing third-person action games preferred
- Good sense of cinematography and pacing
- (Native) Dutch speaker
How to Apply
Interested? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending your CV and motivation, you agree that your data will be recorded in our database for 1 year and will be automatically deleted after 1 year.
Your data is used only for recruitment and selection purposes.
You may revoke this consent at any time, by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
Nixxes Software BV is a group of highly experienced game technology programmers and a young content team. The company was founded in August 1999 and has since specialised in helping other game developers and publishers making the best out of their game content.
Nixxes Software currently have 7 job openings.View all jobs