For Lucid in Liverpool, UK
We are looking for FX Artists to join our highly experienced art team in creating spectacular, dynamic and efficient FX on an exciting new IP. This role is permanent but contract considered.
- Work with the art team to create and author realistic and efficient particle FX.
- Create textures in software packages such as Photoshop and Substance.
- Create 3D models, animations and simulations where necessary in Maya or equivalent.
- Create in engine shaders and materials.
- Review and implement feedback from Art Director.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience of shipping at least one console or PC title as an FX Artist.
- Experience in industry standard software packages such as Photoshop, Maya and Substance Designer.
- Knowledge of console performance,specifications and limitations.
- Knowledge/experience of art pipelines in game development studios.
- Experience in working with Unreal Engine 3 or 4 or a similar game engine.
- Ability to work in collaboration with designers, coders, tech artists and art directors.
How to Apply
If you think you meet the requirements and are interested in working with the team then send your CV and a demo reel to
Established in February 2011 by senior developers from Bizarre Creations, Lucid has set itself out to be a small team with big ideas and the skills to deliver them.
With almost 80 staff at Lucid, each with unrivalled experience, our team have worked on some of the biggest gaming franchises to come out of the UK in the last 20 years.
Lucid currently have 2 job openings.View all jobs