Senior Environment Artist
For Automaton Games Limited in Cambridge, UK
- Create high quality environments working within a predefined art style as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Deliver a high level, in-budget quality within fixed time constraints.
- Balance technical, gameplay, and artistic constraints and work collaboratively to reach solutions between disciplines.
- Create speed modelled environments to flesh out briefs for fast iteration.
- Present, discuss, and critique your own work as well as other members in the team, providing constructive and effective feedback and direction.
- Development experience on multiple shipped AAA titles.
- A thorough knowledge of modern shader models.
- An enthusiasm and technical ability to learn new processes.
- An ability to work with a high level of autonomy but are also comfortable working with feedback and take direction effectively.
- A broad knowledge of both current and past video game environments.
- A high proficiency in industry standard tools (Max, Maya, zBrush, Substance, Photoshop).
- Experience in Mel, MAXScript, or Python scripting is beneficial.
- Experience in using or creating photogrammetry is beneficial.
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- Demonstrate the ability to create large, open world, organic environments.
- Demonstrate your ability to create multiple complex environments, both interior and exterior, in multiple architectural styles.
- Show at least one environment demonstrating strong creative vision, an eye for detail, composition and visual storytelling.
- Demonstrate at least one environment created within strict performance budgets.
- Demonstrate both hard and soft surface 3D modelling techniques.
- Demonstrate PC PBR quality texturing.
- Demonstrate the ability to UV complex objects efficiently.
Our focus is pushing the boundaries of massively multiplayer online experiences. Automaton's expert teams and scientific development methodology are focused on creating unprecedented online games and virtual worlds.
Automaton Games Limited currently have 1 job opening.View all jobs