For Lucid in Liverpool, UK
Lucid Games are looking for a Concept Artist / Illustrator to realise the vision for an entirely new AAA title and other titles on a range of platforms.
We’re looking for someone to work closely with our Art Directors in the visual development of our games, producing creative and visually inspiring concept art to help our teams bring your artistic vision to life in their designs.
Strong drawing and communication skills are essential for this exciting role, in which you will be working directly with game designers, artists, and writers to develop high quality Environment, Character, Vehicle, Prop, and User Interface designs.
- Excellent drawing skills.
- A strong, varied portfolio that demonstrates a variety of artistic styles.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new styles.
- Strong understanding of lighting and colour.
- Visual development skills; the ability to communicate ideas through thumbnail sketches, storyboards and full-colour illustrations.
- A good understanding of character and environment design.
- Experience in working in Photoshop and other 2D digital media.
- 2D Animation skills.
- Some experience at storyboarding.
- Some Graphic Design Skills.
- 3D modelling skills in packages such as Maya or Max.
- Knowledge of game development pipelines.
For this position we will need to see a demonstration of your talents, so include links to any demos or projects that you’d like to show us.
How to Apply
If you think you meet the requirements and are interested in working with the team then send your CV and a demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in February 2011 by senior developers from Bizarre Creations, Lucid has set itself out to be a small team with big ideas and the skills to deliver them.
With almost 80 staff at Lucid, each with unrivalled experience, our team have worked on some of the biggest gaming franchises to come out of the UK in the last 20 years.
Lucid currently have 3 job openings.View all jobs