For Fatshark Games in Stockholm, Sweden
- Relocation assistance
We are Fatshark
We are an independent Swedish game development studio located in Södermalm, Stockholm. With about 75 experienced and skilled employees we have worked as contractors for a number of AAA projects, as well as developed titles with publishers and independently for both consoles and PC. Our most recent game is the critically acclaimed title Warhammer: Vermintide 2. We tackle every project, genre and setting with enthusiasm, professionalism and a cup of coffee.
We are looking for an Experienced Level Artist to join our team, helping us finalize our amazing levels with a high-quality visual flair for current and upcoming projects.
As a Level Artist, you will be responsible for the final visual quality of the levels concerning lighting, object placement, level storytelling and level optimization without disrupting gameplay.
You will work closely with all departments to ensure that quality and performance goals are met.As a part of a highly motivated and talented team, you need to be driven, creative and flexible to meet deadlines and sneaky production changes.
At Fatshark all members of the team are involved in the decision making. We are a small enough team to be agile, but big enough to realize great ideas together. Collaboration is key in this highly creative environment.. Working in a field where art, design, gameplay and sound comes together, feedback and teamwork skills are crucial in your daily work.
- Collaborate with Level Designers, Concept Artists and Environment Artists placing assets into scenes, creating an immersive experience for the player.
- Light the scenes using our Lighting Editor and placing lights to guide the players and making it look cool.
- Use our scatter tool to add details to the levels, be it grass, gravel, decals or similar (lots of skulls).
- Make dull-looking areas shine.
- Create “beautiful corners” for inspiration to others in the team. Explore and experiment.
- See what assets are missing and request those from the environment artists.
- Make sure the levels run on target platforms. If some areas are asset-heavy you have to be able to analyse why and address the issues by designing around this.
- Collect and address critique and feedback from testers.
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles, with the passion and freedom of being indie. We offer you:
- A fun, friendly and inclusive work place.
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games.
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks.
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime.
- Development in Autodesk Stingray and LUA.
- Office located in central Stockholm.
Skills & Requirements
- A graphical eye.
- Game engine experience, as in Unreal, Unity or similar.
- Contributed to the development of one or more shipped games for Console or PC.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Versatility, independence and a sense of initiative are your strong points.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA or equivalent game.
- Development of cooperative games.
- Strong Warhammer interest.
- A background in gaming.
- Degree in art or game design.
We will be reviewing applications and interviewing candidates continuously until the position have been filled.
Since Fatshark left the fish tank in 2007 we’ve went from working as subcontractors on various AAA titles to becoming a self-publishing studio. Now best known for the critically acclaimed Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide.
At Fatshark we believe the best moments are experienced together, it’s what influences our work and us as a studio. In our games, you are given the freedom to succeed or fail trying as a group. And that’s exactly the way we like it.
Fatshark Games currently have 4 job openings.View all jobs