For Nixxes Software in Utrecht, The Netherlands
We're looking for a highly collaborative, passionate and skilled Narrative Designer who will be responsible for creating and implementing narrative content in close collaboration with our game designers. The Narrative Designer will also write dialogue and in-game text, as well as manage audio files.
- Develop stories with compelling, multifaceted characters consistent with the project vision.
- Conceive scenarios, missions, and objectives that are tied to larger story goals.
- Write and edit dialogue, enemy barks, objective text, and other narrative content.
- Own the function and presentation of in-game narrative content.
- Implement narrative content using proprietary game development tools.
- Maintain dialogue asset pipeline and management of scripts.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Communicates with directness/candor and is adept at conflict resolution
- High standards of respect and values strong teamwork
- Adapts swimmingly to changing circumstances
- Positive thinker with an ambitious drive towards quality and success
- Ability to realize characters through concise, evocative dialogue.
- Experience creating and implementing narrative content for interactive experiences.
- Experience with code-based tools and scripting languages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to process and react to feedback from multiple sources.
Portfolio submission is required for this position. Please submit two samples demonstrating your interactive narrative design work. These can be videos of game content you’ve worked on or scripts/samples of your interactive writing.
Samples should represent your best work. Avoid prose such as short stories or character descriptions. A grounded, modern tone is most relevant to our interests.
- Experience in a professional writing/editing capacity, preferably focused on creating narrative game content.
- Experience on a shipped (AAA) game title as a narrative designer/game writer.
- Understanding of story structure.
- College degree in screenwriting, creative writing, or equivalent.
- (Native) Dutch speaker
How to Apply
Interested? E-mail: email@example.com
By sending your CV and motivation, you agree that your data will be recorded in our database for 1 year and will be automatically deleted after 1 year.
Your data is used only for recruitment and selection purposes.
You may revoke this consent at any time, by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nixxes Software BV is a group of highly experienced game technology programmers and a young content team. The company was founded in August 1999 and has since specialised in helping other game developers and publishers making the best out of their game content.
Nixxes Software currently have 7 job openings.View all jobs