For Ilion Animation Studios in Madrid, Spain
- Relocation assistance
This position supports the Department Manager on a day-to-day basis and provides first point of contact for department team members. The Coordinator maintains departmental records and reports, communicates the day's scheduled events, arranges key meetings and provides general administrative support.
- Understands the department(s) and works with Production Supervisor and Department Head to maintain and manage the department schedule.
- Under the guidance of the Production Supervisor, tracks progress of tasks for assigned artists or sequences in Shotgun to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work. Collaborate with other coordinators and supervisors to keep all data accurate and current.
- Partner with the Production Supervisor and Department Head to set the priorities of the department taking into account the priorities of the show that are established by the Production Supervisors and the Production Manager.
- Enter and maintain production data in the studio's production database and related departmental records to reflect scheduled, in-progress, and completed departmental work. Collaborate with other coordinators and managers to keep all data accurate and up-to-date.
- Schedule meetings at the request of the Manager and Lead(s). Proactively maintain the calendar with alertness to topics, deadlines and conflicts. Manage the schedules of key personnel.
- Ensure proper preparation for all meetings and reviews. Record and publish notes from meetings and reviews that accurately reflect action items.
- Coordinate work that enters and leaves the department to ensure completeness. Provide administrative support as needed to ensure that communications are accurate and complete.
- As second in command to the Production Supervisor, proactively respond to requests for information and assistance from those within and outside of the department
- Work alongside the Department Manager and Creative Lead(s) to maintain a positive team environment.
- Follows up with Artist Leads on a daily basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule
- Assists Production Supervisor with maintaining quotas, deadlines & inventory, ensuring departmental productivity goals are consistently met. Generate weekly report from department, quota… Bring concerns about potential schedule or budget overruns to the Production Supervisor and Production Manager.
- Understands the department's workflow from the area she/he is attached to and understands the dependencies from departments of other areas. Act as a point of coordination of work that enters and leaves the department ensuring procedures are followed to ensure workflow from one department to the next is as seamless as possible.
- Communicates with other departments regarding department needs
- Proactively respond to requests for information and assistance from those within and outside of the department.
- Stays abreast of issues on the floor and elevates information appropriately to Production Supervisor.
- Assists the Department Head and CG Supervisor in dealing with issues related to the department
- Coordinates crew meetings.
- Schedule meetings at the request of the Department Head and Lead(s). Proactively maintain the calendar with alertness to topics, deadlines and conflicts. Manage the schedules of key personnel.
- Responsible for multiple dailies sessions each day, as well as client reviews.
- Ensure proper preparation for all meetings and reviews. Set up Cinesync/RV sessions. Record and publish notes from meetings and reviews that accurately reflect action items and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Review all incoming notes for department relevance and distribute as needed
- Willing to take on new challenges in order to have a more detailed knowledge of the department and pipeline.
- Mentor the Production Assistants.
- Helps maintain a positive team environment.
- Three years of practical experience, preferably as a Production Coordinator in feature-animation film production or VFX production as Production Assistant.
- Experience with production tracking software is a plus (for example, Shotgun)
- Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related field.
- Must speak/write Spanish and English
- Professional working knowledge of Google Spreadsheets, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Candidates should be well organized, highly self-motivated individuals who function well in fast-paced, frenetic production-based environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and resolve problems
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com
A state-of-the-art animation company which develops and produces CGI animation feature films of the highest level.
Ilion Animation Studios currently have 2 job openings.View all jobs