For Fatshark Games in Stockholm, Sweden
- Relocation assistance
We are Fatshark
We are an independent Swedish game development studio located in Södermalm, Stockholm. With about 75 experienced and skilled employees we have worked as contractors for a number of AAA projects, as well as developed titles with publishers and independently for both consoles and PC. Our most recent game is the critically acclaimed title Warhammer: Vermintide 2. We tackle every project, genre and setting with enthusiasm, professionalism and a cup of coffee.
As Character Artist you will take a central role in the character team. You will interact closely with Technical Art and Animation to create believable characters (humanoids, creatures and props etc). The role requires you to have a great eye for visual weight, anatomy and material knowledge as well as being efficient with polyflows/UV’s. You will need to be an excellent problem solver and enjoy to explore new technical avenues. You will also work together with the rest of the character team to deliver feedback to outsource elements.
At Fatshark all members of the team are involved in decision making. We are a small enough team to be agile, but big enough to realize great ideas together. In this highly creative environment collaboration is key. It is crucial that independence and ability to manage one's own time efficiently is paired with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Deliver textured creatures/character from concept to animation ready mesh.
- Help develop character art pipeline and techniques.
- Be able to work iteratively and in collaboration with the rest of the pipeline.
- Communicate feedback with outsource elements.
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles, with the passion and freedom of being indie. We offer you:
- A fun, friendly and inclusive work place.
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games.
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks.
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime.
- Development in Autodesk Stingray and LUA.
- Office located in central Stockholm.
- Exceptional understanding of visual weight, human/creature anatomy, working with silhouettes/shape/form and costume designs.
- Excellent eye for materials and structures.
- Extensive experience in Maya, modelling animation friendly meshes and understand the value of UV space.
- Creating/editing stunning textures, with the help of Photoshop and Substance Painter/Designer, for a PBR pipeline.
- Be able to produce exceptional sculpts with the help of Zbrush and Marvelous Designer.
- Be able to work in teams to solve problems and improve overall development.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- A passion for Warhammer.
- A passion for games.
- 5+ years professional experience in the game industry.
- Rigging/Animation experience.
- Fur/Hair experience.
- Cloth experience.
We will be reviewing applications and interviewing candidates continuously until the position have been filled.
Since Fatshark left the fish tank in 2007 we’ve went from working as subcontractors on various AAA titles to becoming a self-publishing studio. Now best known for the critically acclaimed Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide.
At Fatshark we believe the best moments are experienced together, it’s what influences our work and us as a studio. In our games, you are given the freedom to succeed or fail trying as a group. And that’s exactly the way we like it.
Fatshark Games currently have 4 job openings.View all jobs