Unreal Technical Artist (m/f)
For Deep Silver FISHLABS in Hamburg, Germany
- Relocation assistance
You will work together with an experienced team of developers, designers, and artists where you can assume ownership and enjoy creative freedom. While your workplace is our open-spaced office in the center of Hamburg you will be part of a challenging project in close collaboration with our sister studio Deep Silver Dambuster.
As a Technical Artist you play a key role in our game development process. You will be aligning the requirements from our tech and game design teams with the visual goals of the project.
- Assist and support Artists and Designers working with Unreal Engine 4
- Establish and maintain the art asset pipeline for Unreal Engine 4 projects
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established in the Art Direction is maintained and the game runs at defined frame-rates.
- Understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view
- Very good overall understanding of the Unreal package.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with the Unreal Engine.
- At least 1 published AAA title.
- Good understanding of the Unreal Engine 4 material system and PBR.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 lighting, particles and dynamics.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 profiling tools.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- English language- and very good communication skills are required.
- Unreal 4
- Substance Suite
- Scripting experience (Python, MaxScript) as well as experience working with consoles like XboxOne and Playstation4 would be beneficial.
- Here’s to you! Fresh fruit, free beverages and special conditions for gym membership
- Do it! Personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes
- The Unit! Open office, friendly atmosphere and with professionals always willing to lend a hand
- There you are! Centrally located, bright and modern offices where creativity flourishes
- Have Fun!Of course play some games along the way
- And what else!? Learn more about your new professional homebase
How to Apply
We are looking forward to your application. To give us a more extensive first impression of you, a substantial application will be appreciated. The minimum content should be a short motivation letter and your CV. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. An application via our online tool is preferred.
We specialize in high-end 3D games across a broad range of platforms – be it classic systems such as console and mobile or new hardware like Apple TV and Nintendo Switch. Our award-winning portfolio includes the blockbuster space action shooter Manticore - Galaxy on Fire (available on the Nintendo eShop) and the tactical zombie brawler Dead Island: Survivors
Deep Silver FISHLABS currently have 4 job openings.View all jobs