Senior Material Artist
For Certain Affinity in Austin, TX, USA
- Relocation assistance
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products, but also work on a few projects of our own, and we have very interesting new projects in the works.
As a Senior Material Artist at Certain Affinity, you will work in small teams to create highly detailed characters, game environments, and world assets.
- Create physically based Materials/Textures for use with props, environments, and characters.
- Assist in material library creation and maintaining material pipelines.
- Collaborate with other artists to build and integrate assets into a visually consistent and highly immersive world.
- Match established art styles while helping improve visual direction
- Portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of materials using both procedural and 3d sculpted techniques.
- Portfolio demonstrating tiled textures and 0-1 UV mapped assets. Assets must show strong attention to detail focusing on believability and overall esthetic composition.
- Solid understanding of PBR standards and surface/light interactions.
- Strong foundation knowledge in traditional arts.
- Experience creating 3D art for a game project or title.
- Able to use 3D and/or procedural techniques to create high-quality materials within production timelines.
- Strong knowledge in UE4.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and/or another 3D software package.
- Strong knowledge of Zbrush modeling.
- Solid understanding of color theory, and be able to create balanced and appealing color palettes.
- Must be punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized
- Experience leading other artists.
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as an environment artist.
- Experience using proprietary editors, software and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or related field.
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.
Certain Affinity has built a strong reputation as the go-to co-development partner for AAA action titles, with recent contributions to World of Tanks, Call of Duty, and DOOM. In fact, the highly prolific studio has been a lead developer or co-developer on more than 25 products across 10 different franchises, with combined sales of more than 100 million units. The company’s leadership has taken a calculated, long-term approach to building the business, and is proud of its track record in its first 12 years: profitable every year and never once laying anyone off.
Certain Affinity currently have 2 job openings.View all jobs