Junior Games Artist
For Kwalee in Leamington Spa, UK
- Relocation assistance
Kwalee is an expanding, independent mobile game developer based in the beautiful town of Leamington Spa, England, within the area known as Silicon Spa where over 3,000 game developers work.
Kwalee has rapidly become a key industry player in mobile gaming, launching several hit games including TENS!, SPILLZ and Looper!, with many millions of players around the world.
The company was founded in 2011 by David Darling - CBE awarded by the Queen, co-founder of Codemasters and comprises of a highly skilled and creative team, including the original creator of the Micro Machines video games (yes, you read well, we have celebrities here!).
As a Junior Games Artist you’re creative, enthusiastic and have a passion for games and all the art that you can create in them.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make our games look awesome”
What you will really be doing
- A wide variety of 2D focused art tasks including concepting, illustration, animation, VFX and UI design and layouts
- All art that might be required both for our live games and our Creative Wednesday games.
How you will be doing this
- You'll be part of an agile and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You'll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 30 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important development decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced and passionate team, including David Darling and the creator of the original Micro Machines video game.
Skills and requirements
- Strong sketching / drawing skills
- Strong 2D, concepting, illustration, UI and/or animation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Unity
- Ability to engage in and produce different styles of game assets across multiple mobile titles
- A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
- Interest in mobile games
- You must have the full right to work within the UK
- Experience with GIT for checking files in and out on multi-user projects
- At least one of the following complementary skills; traditional art skills, character design, motion graphics / animation, 3D modelling
We do we offer
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous royalties scheme where 15% of the profits of each game are shared with the team
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
- Monthly employee awards
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
How to Apply
If you are suitable for this role, please include with your application sketching / drawing examples either within your portfolio or as separate link.
Our mission is simple: make amazingly fun, innovative and renowned games. The team at Kwalee seek to excite and entertain players with innovative new games that provide incredible social experiences.
Kwalee currently have 2 job openings.View all jobs