I created this project during some downtime to experiment with photo-realism and to modernize my personal workflow. The subject is very loosely based on the cuban jazz musician Compay Segundo of Buena Vista Social Club fame. Modeling was done with ZBrush and Maya, Texturing with Mari, and Lighting/Shading/Rendering with V-Ray in Maya. I've also been toying with the idea of sharing some of my source files with the CG Community that has given so much over the years. So very I'm pleased to be releasing the raw ZBrush .ZTL file of this project free to all for educational purposes! You can download the model from the 'Files' section at my website: http://www.CGGallery.com As always, any questions and critique are welcome! I've also been keeping an eye out for interesting new career opportunities, so feel free to get in touch. I hope you enjoy my work - thanks for taking a look!
Staff pick for 23rd August 2013
- Entry in Monthly Cartoon Award for August 2013
- Entry in Monthly Character Award for August 2013
- Entry in Monthly Fantasy Award for August 2013
- Entry in Monthly Overall Award for August 2013
- Entry in Monthly Scenes Award for August 2013
- Entry in Monthly Sci-Fi Award for August 2013