Initially done for the June Gnomon Sculpting Challenge. But the idea grew during the challenge and I had to finish it to fullfill the ambience I wanted to show with the sculpt. Base mesh was done in Cinema4D then exported to ZBrush where I sculpted the details, posed him and did some corrections on the proportions. Once the sculpt was finished I exported it back to Cinema4D using a fantastic IM and export plugin called Riptide. Then I did the unwrapping in BodyPaint. Back in ZBrush I replaced the level 1 mesh with the new unwrapped one. Lighting was done in VRAYforC4D.
Staff pick for 9th July 2009