The main goal of this project was to step out of my comfort zone, which is the animation industry , and create a realistic look with the highest possible quality.
- The first thing I did was modeling and create the UVs.
- Using ZBrush I made the displacement information of the details that gave the character his personality, such as his
wrinkles and expression lines.
- In Mari and using the XYZ textures I created the high, mid and low displacement information separately . With the help of the displacement I created the diffuse, which I use to obtain the rest of the necessary channels: specular, roughness, metalness, bump...
- Using Substance I made masks of the different layers of the helmet information i.e.: dirt, blood, dust, rust) that I later used in Mari to play with procedural nodes and therefore work with a non destructive workflow.
- I created ID masks that allowed me to have more control over the different parts in the Lookdev phase (Arnold).
- Using Nuke I made the last tiny color adjustments , as well as the composition and integration of the final image.