”Digital Emily 2.2.049”. I took the wikihuman asset and tried to see how far I could push her with the pipeline I've developed for digital humans. This was a fun and challenging project. A lot of work was put on cleaning up the diffuse texture and the improving the scan. I had a lot of problems early on getting her to work at all with my skinshader setup. I also learned a lot from this project, like women are hard to light, there was so much back and forth trying to find the right angles of the lights that closest resembled the reference while also working for Emily’s pose and face. I also had to learn how women apply makeup with help from my girlfriend, but the most challenging part by far was the groom. I don’t groom often so this was a big learning process.
Staff pick for 27th November 2020